18 October 2008

 

Soul Force

Today I was confronted with 'two' different SoulForce Equality Ride stories.

Confrontation one was from last year, I was told that a college in the mid-south had had the team arrested for trespassing.  Being in rural poduncky it took a couple days for them to be released.  I heard that members of the school visited them in prison, and such.

Selah (stop and consider)  ...I keep a link on my bookmark bar for AtoZ South... whom I had/have never met or heard of prior to hearing he was 'coming out' as a gay christian.  My heart is so burdened for this young man.  I pray we are able to spend a lot of time together in the future.  I pray for him and Jesus; that they would spend a lot of time together.

I read on his blog about a stop this year further south (he's now with SoulForce), and six of his team members were arrested a few days ago.  His comment was wondering if his co-riders would be visited in prison by anyone from the school, especially since they had been denied access to a chapel service and shelter from the rain by the campus.

I did not find out the answer to this question.

I just know that my heart is more deeply burdened by these deceived brothers, for I truly believe that is what they are (AtoZ, RB and others).

AtoZ, if you ever read this.  I am a born-again, blood-bought believer in Jesus Christ whom you'd likely label evangelical and possibly even a believer in the fundamentals of the faith.  I love you with the love of the Lord.  I pray His hand of protection upon you and that as you seek His Face and His Will you'll be open to hear the Truth (it sets us free).

Blessings! through my tears,
ChaplainChas.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]