25 October 2008

 

Rental

This morning I drove to work in a rental.  My car was not available.  I think the AAA tow service garage is going to plunder and pillage my bank account just to fix the brakes (and whatever-else they deem necessary).  They say it'll be done Monday morning.

You see, yesterday I was headed to the last regular season soccer game for TCAGirlsSoccer (as mentioned in other posts) down in Egg Harbor Twshp.  I almost always leave plenty of time for interruptions so I was making good time down Street Road when something fell off my car and the brakes decided not to work.  I eased into the 'emergency' lane and slowed to a stop.  Thinking that wasn't the best place to be I drove around the corner (slowly) into a parking lot, and called TRIPLE A.

Within 15" my car was being towed to their place (about 2:15 PM on a Friday), which apparently doesn't do any work Friday afternoons (they wouldn't look at it, believing they knew the problem and would not schedule an 'appointment only' slot on Saturday.  Sooooooooo, Monday morning.  I pray it's not too expensive and that they do better work (as personality is not their forte).

Enter rental company.  I'm driving a Toyota SUV which I can't even tell if it has a brand name, but runs nicely (although takes a LOT of fuel)... and got me to the soccer game about 15 minutes late (about 1 3/4 hours from my place).

Got in some fellowship time with Coach (which is why I went in the first place) and returned home.

Getting ready for work this AM I realized my work boots, work keys and pager are all in my car, not near my home and the opposite direction of work and church.  Sigh.

Chatted with a co-worker about yesterday's funeral (former co-worker), and voila, here I am.

I'm so glad God knows what He's doing!  Perhaps someday I'll find out.  For now I'll just rest in His arms of grace, swimming in the ocean of His love, abiding in Him.  Praise God, I actually can pay the bill when it comes.  I guess God had different plans for that money.

That's a post for another time.

Thanks for reading!
Blessings!
ChaplainChas.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments:
You don't have to be thankful for your non-working brakes, but I can see you are thankful in the midst of your non-working brakes. I am thankful that you were able to stop safely. God is great and has great plans for us that we don't even know about. I know He has great plans for you. God Bless you and be safe.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]