18 September 2008

 

Romans and Latte


Today I received a call from a friend affiliated with SRC advising it was closed for a Memorial Service today.  I'd been feeling a bit distant from God (rejoicing that feelings do not necessarily reflect reality) and decided to visit TrueBrew, where I get my morning latte and bagel while working.

This turned out to be a great move, as I got great latte and a fruit salad.  I also got to sit and not have everyone who walked into the place chat w/me since everybody seems to know my name at SRC (which is usually great).  Today, I needed to know God knew my name.

Here are some notes from the apostle Paul.  I won't try to list all the verses, but know they come from ROMANS 5, 6, 7 or 8, from the English Standard Version of the Bible.

Since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ...  We have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand...  At the right time Christ died for the ungodly... while we were still sinners...
We know that Christ being raised from the dead will never die again; death no longer has dominion over Him.  For the... life He lives He lives to God...  Consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus...  Present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instruments for righteousness...  Present your members as slaves to righteousness leading to sanctification...  Now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life.  For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Nothing good dwells... in my flesh.  Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! ...I myself serve the law of God with my mind...
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, who walk not according to the flesh (but according to the Spirit)...  He condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk... according to the Spirit...  Those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.  ...to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.  You... are... in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you...  If the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He... will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
So... Thank You.  I got to read this and be blessed.  I then got to read this again as I typed it out for you!  I got blessed again!

And now, methinks I'll move on to the Old Testament, for my trek through the entire Bible, as my spirit has been lifted.

Blessings!
ChaplainChas.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments:
Chaplain Chas,

Good stuff. I'm glad that the SRC being closed didn't ruin your day. I'm going away for a week, but when I get back we should definitely drink coffee and talk about stuff.
 
well, well, well... you have a blog, i didn't know that :-) i have now put you in my christian blog folder for favorites, will look forward to reading what you say.
enjoy your saturday
judi
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]