31 July 2008

 

Thoughts from A New Day

Well I've been threatening, and it's time to start making due. I'm trying to settle on which compilation of CD's/mp3's to get of the Exodus International Freedom Conf, and my plan is to listen again, and comment on each (Main Session at least). But for now let's take a running leap into general thoughts:

Registration: actually went quite smoothly. It was disappointing to not be able to get a shuttle service as part of the package, but we got a Great service from Ashville to Ridgecrest. We were met by a 500 year old (OK, 91?) volunteer with just the most humble, helpful spirit, to show us where to go!

Alan Chambers: Led the first Main Session. I can easily declare w/o hesitation that this was by far the best session I have ever heard him give. What a blessing! Here are a few notes from his talk.

GOD LOVES YOU! -- This was awesome b/c I've been saved for years and years and just in the past 6 months I've began to accept that Jesus Loves me, Jesus likes me, God the Father likes and loves me, God the Holy Spirit loves me and likes me! Me! Inconceivable! But true.

I Cor 6:11, reminds me that God is not 'wringing his hands, wondering what to do with you" now that you've accepted His offer of Salvation! He's not surprised by sexual sin!

...How can I judge someone who's just trying to survive? Someone that's so hungry (emotionally/ relationally starved) they'll eat out of the garbage can.

God wants to meet those needs, too! He's the real thing.

How awesome to be able to live the BULK of our lives with believers in church, not 20 years in support groups.

And finally, the prayer that God will 'help me deny what comes naturally to me (Sin comes naturally!)!


Wow. I can hardly wait to listen to this again. I'm sure there'll be more.

Hmmmm. I think I'll stop with that for this particular post! Perhaps I'll be able to refine the way I enter these as time goes on, but I really wanted to get this ball rolling!

Look out!

Blessings!
ChaplainChas.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]