14 June 2008

 

Title Free

OK, so obviously this is not a title free post. Blogspot doesn't like that, apparently, and I'm not sure what I'll type about, so we'll just leave it at that, for now.

The M.A.S.H. theme-song laments that suicide is painless for awhile, but that's not really the case, is it? My friend had someone close to him die recently and he's in a lot of pain. The friends family is in pain, and this person's other friends are in pain. Perhaps the song should be re-written?

Of course, this song is totally skewed in it's worldview anyway. No consideration of heaven and hell (which would make suicide painful for eternity for those w/o Jesus' atoning blood cover) is brought into this.

Selfish. Suicide is quite possibly one of the most selfish options one can choose from the menu of life. It certainly seems to leave those of us left behind out of the equation.

Let me interject here and confess this is a bit of a rant. As I process the death of this young one (under 20 years of age) and try to make sense of it I find myself at a crossroads. Luckily, that reminds me of the afore-mentioned cross of Christ and THAT reminds me that I can rest fully in HIM. Lamentations 3 reminds me that it is good that a man should both hope and wait patiently for the Lord. It reminds me that even the prophet Jeremiah remembered bitterness and the 'gall' of things. It reminds me that I need not be consumed b/c the Creator of the universe is still on the job.

...Well, that's about it for now. Thanks for reading.

Blessings!
ChaplainChas.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments:
I am sorry to hear of this loss but understand and agree with your "rant" as well as your hope.
 
It must be hard for you, working so hard as you do to save lives that want desperately to live and still seeing some of them slip away, to see a life deliberately ended. I'm sorry, Chas. Sometimes, for some people, life really does get too heavy to bear, especially if they don't have anyone to come alongside them in a way that really connects.

Blessings on you for the lives that you save and for caring so deeply about the ones that you can't, anyway.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]