05 February 2008

 

Pride & Self-Pity

Today I spent several minutes (at the recommendation of a friend) giving God the things in my life that bother me.

My intention when sitting down to write was to list them here, but I think now that that would just be taking them back and being able to dwell on them at a later time. This certainly would NOT be glorifying to God.

My intention is to glorify God in all thinge, everywhere, and in all seasons. By seasons I mean times of life; good times, bad times, at home, at work, during ministry, blah, blah, blah.

Today I am thankful for the cross. I am thankful for the sufferings of Jesus Christ Who even on the cross was able to 'worship?' by crying out "My God" as He addressed His Father in Heaven, even perhaps as His separation from Him was Hell. It certainly was a first. Who was it, Martin Luther that said, "God, forsaken of God; who can know it?"

Lord, energize and enlighten me to desire time in Your Word more than even sleep. You are my strength. I believe it.

Wanting to love Him more,
ChaplainChas.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]