13 November 2008

 

God's Short Arms?

"Surely the arm of the Lord is not too short to save, nor his ears to dull to hear.  But you iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear."
These verses from Isaiah 59:1-2 (NIV) have been playing in my head for some time, now.

The past month has been one of the most trying months in my Christian life.  From the death of a co-worker to temptation to 'bag-it-all' and run, Jesus Christ has brought me through.  There's a song that includes these words:
Can You hear me?
Can You touch me?
Can You break through these chains that define me?
Draw me closer in, don't let me go alone, don't let me go.
I need you to KNOW that the answer to those questions is YES!  I've found during my 37 years that Jesus can hear, can reach, and will draw me (and you) closer in!  He has broken through some major chains that defined me for years!  His arm was not too short, and He has shown me some sinful patterns that prevented this new level of freedom I've found!

For so long I've defined myself through the (perceived) eyes of others (what will so-and-so think).  My perceived level of importance in another's mind could wreak havoc on my heart.  While believing my identity was in Christ, my observable theology was working itself out that my identity was in others.  Now I can more fully say, it is "Christ in me, the hope of glory!"

Blessings!
ChaplainChas.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]