20 October 2008

 

Of Life and Death

Sunday evening I helped out in Manhattan at the NYC Harvest '08 w/Greg Laurie (Madison Square Gardens).  All the tickets were sold and some 13,000 men, women and children attended.  Over a thousand registered decisions for Christ Jesus.

It was so awesome.  Pastor Greg spoke of the death of his son, Christopher Laurie, in a MVC this past July, commenting that Christopher is now in Heaven.  He knows this because Christopher believed the Bible's promise that if on confesses their sins to God, and accepts God's gift of forgiveness and eternal life (through Jesus Christ, His Son) they SHALL be saved.

Christopher didn't, and those 1,300+ won't be going to heaven because of who they are.  Christopher doesn't get in because his Dad's a Pastor (I don't read anywhere in Scripture, or other writings where God has Grandchildren).  Those making decisions to live for Jesus the remainder of their time on earth, and into eternity will get to spend it with the Master of the Universe because of what Jesus did on the cross, not because of anything they have done.

Shortly after Pastor Greg began his message I received a text message advising that a co-worker (age 39) died of a  massive heart attack just a couple hours prior.  I finished what I was doing with the Crusade and was amazed at the contrast.  Even as a friend passed on from physical life to physical death, a thousand people passed from eternal death to eternal life!

The contrast was stark, and amazing.  The reminders of Christopher Laurie (Traumatic Death) and Boz (Medical Death) and then the redemption of all those people who are now spiritually ready to pass from physical life to spiritual eternal life with Jesus.

We are not guaranteed our next breath.  I am not quite Boz' age, and I'm a little older than Christopher.  Whenever God decides I've accomplished His will for me here on earth He will call me home to Heaven.  I am ready.  I've accepted Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior.  He's my friend, my King and my God.

Do you know Him?  Do you want to?  (Follow this link for "How to Know God")

Jesus is ready for relationship with you, just call Him!

Blessings!
ChaplainChas.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments:
Amen, Chas. It's got to be all about Christ all the time. What else is really valuable? I know for a while that Christopher was pretty far backslidden. That's not a good place to be! I'm really happy to hear that he turned his life around before his death, and that serves as a reminder to all of us that we can't take any time we have for granted. God may pull the plug at any moment!

I'm sorry to read about your co-worker. Do you know if he was saved?

Blessings,
jer
 
I think he was religious... and may have attended a local 'swedenborg' church... I don't think many outside of that denom would consider them born-againers, though.

He leaves behind a wife and 10 year old. Home-schooled. She hasn't worked outside the home that I can recall in the 14 years I have known them...

Thanks for the comment!

Blessings!
ChaplainChas.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]